Coober Pedy Business and Community Directories
Alternative Health 2
Eco Green 2
Food and Wine 3
Galleries and Museums 0
Hair and Beauty 1
Health and Fitness 3
Mind Body Spirit 2
Retail and Shopping 8
Schools and Education 3
Trades and Services 6
There are 21 local Advertising Directories on COOBERPEDY.TOWN Is your business or community group listed? LOGIN to create an account and tell us your unique Australian story
Coober Pedy Business and Community Highlights
Welcome to Coober Pedy, a unique town located in the outback of South Australia known for its opals and mining activities. Coober Pedy is a thriving community where business and community work hand in hand to promote growth and development.
Here are some of the best businesses and community initiatives in and around the town of Coober Pedy.
1. Desert Cave Hotel - This luxurious hotel has been carved into the hillside and offers guests a unique and unforgettable experience. The hotel is owned by the local community and provides employment opportunities for many residents.
2. Coober Pedy Opal Festival - This annual festival celebrates the town's rich opal mining heritage and includes a range of events such as opal cutting demonstrations, live music, food stalls, and more. The festival is a great way to bring the community together and attract visitors to the area.
3. Coober Pedy Area School - This school provides education from reception to year 12 for the local community. The school has a strong focus on innovation and offers programs in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) to prepare students for the future.
4. Coober Pedy Regional Times - This local newspaper provides news and information about the town and surrounding areas. The newspaper is a valuable resource for residents and visitors alike, promoting local businesses and community events.
5. Outback Aboriginal Tours - This tour company offers visitors the chance to experience the local Indigenous culture and learn about the traditions and history of the area. The tours are run by local Indigenous guides and provide employment opportunities for the community.
Coober Pedy is a town that offers a unique blend of business and community initiatives that work together to promote growth and development. From luxurious hotels to community festivals, the town of Coober Pedy has something for everyone.